Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday is upon us again. Happy belated Father's Day to all of you fathers out there. My own dad is out in Florida visiting my grandparents, and when he gets back to Texas, he'll be hopping a flight for a business trip to Europe almost immediately, so Father's Day this year mostly meant a phone call to Dad while he was on the road this weekend.
And the weekend went pretty well. There was some hanging out at Barton Springs (both at the spillover with Cassidy, and inside the fence with Ryan, Jamie, and Matt Mangum). I saw The Incredible Hulk movie (it was pretty good- better than I thought it would be, although, as with the earlier Ang Lee movie, I still couldn't get past seeing the Hulk, himself, as seeming a bit cartoonish. Good story, though, and the computer graphics have improved since the last movie). What else? We grilled some hot dogs over at Ryan and Jamie's last night and watched a good chunk of Game 5 of the NBA Finals (those darn Lakers just won't go away. Kinda cool to have them playing against the Celtics, though).
I also watched Battlestar Galactica this weekend. Does anyone else watch this show? It just keeps getting stranger (I generally think spoiler alerts are kind of lame, but I guess one is appropriate here). I sort of guessed that when all of these refugees finally got to Earth that it was probably going to already be destroyed or nuked or whatever, but after I saw the episode I assumed that things were just about over for the series, and that they might have about one episode left to show the colonists wandering off in search of a different place to live. Instead, I read in an online article (and I can't remember for the life of me where I read it now) that there are like 12 episodes of the show left. I'm curious as to where they're going to take the show next.
Well, that's about it. On to another glorious week of work! More later. Maybe.

No comments: