Friday, June 13, 2008

"Life is either a great adventure or nothing." -Helen Keller


Well, it's Friday. Mandy is off to New York City with Ellie and Vicki, and Jennifer is off to Las Vegas to play in the World Series of Poker. Hopefully they both have fun, and everyone send good vibes of good luck to Jennifer in her first Vegas poker tournament. Also, apparently Kim and Sigmund are planning on going to go travel around India sometime at the end of the month. How cool is that? I'm just back from Costa Rica, and I'm already getting jealous of all of these people heading off on their various adventures.
Not too much going on here. We had a very nice Crack practice last night, with sounds ranging from jazzy to rockin' (there was even a "make you cry" version of the Peter Gunn Theme in there somewhere). Andy says he's going to start reviewing some of the material that he's recorded from some of the more recent Crack practices, and see about putting together a new disc for us sometime soon. I look forward to hearing it.
Sigmund told me about this crazy version of Radiohead's Nude. There's a bunch of seemingly dead space at the beginning while the thing's doing it's thing. Stick with it, cause the song is super cool once it starts. Even moreso if you're a Radiohead fan.
Tim Russert just died. What the hell? He must've just died because this wasn't the headline a few minutes ago. He was 58, and he had a heart attack. I really liked Tim Russert. I've watched Meet the Press on a semi regular basis since I was in high school (I think Russert first took over hosting the show sometime toward the end of my high school years), and Tim Russert was one of a very small breed of television journalists who actually asked intelligent, honest, thought-provoking questions of our political figures and leaders. Plus, he always seemed like a nice guy when I saw him interviewed on other shows. He's going to be missed in a big way. I think that the broadcast news media just lost one of its better players.

No comments: