Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter!!!

Well, I hope everyone is having/has had a happy Easter! The Admiral and Karebear have been here for the last couple of days, and we had a jolly visit. We ate very well and drank good wine and entertained Cassidy. I'm proud to say that I talked the Admiral into watching Escape from New York on Saturday afternoon (which is one of those quintessential Saturday afternoon movies- not very good, really, but somehow kinda fun and pretty much required viewing) while the Karebear ran an errand or two. We took Cassidy to the dog park yesterday and went to church this morning for Easter service before the parents toodled back toward Houston.
Ninety five degrees in Austin today. More record high temperatures and our drought continues. I don't want to sound like an alarmist, but given all of the talk of global warming, I find our recent weather patterns kind of troubling.
Anyway, I just hope that everyone is having a happy holiday!!!!!

No comments: