Thursday, September 25, 2008

Howdy. Today is kind of hectic, and I don't have all that much to blog on, but I just wanted to say hello. I missed the president's speech last night about our current economic situation, but as I understand it, he really didn't put a lot of minds at ease (sounded like a lot of, "This is complicated. Don't ask a lot of questions and don't object to our bailout plan, or we're all going to be going Mad Max by the end of the year.") It still seems like the situation is pretty crappy. It looks like they're going to put some limits on CEO compensation packages as part of the new legislation for this $700 billion bailout, but I haven't heard anything about the money being paid back with interest or about taxpayers (i.e., the government) getting any kind of ownership interest in the firms that are getting bailed out with out money (although, admittedly, I haven't had too much time to read up on this new plan). Anyway, it still basically sounds like the middle class is bailing out a bunch of wealthy Wall Street financiers.
Ryan should be back in town tonight. ACL Fest tomorrow!

Uggh. I gotta run, but maybe more later.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

"I missed the president's speech last night".

You didn't miss much - unless since he's been hiding you needed a reminder that when he reads the teleprompter he sounds like he barely understands the meaning of the words he's saying.

And unless you had forgotten that deer in the headlights look he has when he's totally in over his head...

That was about it.