Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Well, it's Tuesday, and I'm still tired, sun burnt, and allergy stricken from ACL Fest. Gotta get myself back into a rockin' mindframe, though. Thursday night, October 2nd, my band, Mono
Ensemble
, will be playing a sort of First Thursday gig at Somnio's Cafe, on South 1st (between Annie and Mary) from 7:30 until 9:30. The restaurant is new and does not have a wine/beer license yet, so the event is BYOB (although we encourage you to buy food and check the place out). Coincidentally, the grand opening for the place is not until the following Saturday, October 4th, and we're supposed to play on Saturday from about 5:30 until 8:00 (we will probably play a little louder on Saturday since we're playing earlier). Anyway, few excuses will get you Adventurers out of attending one of these two shows (c'mon, you can't make it to either one?!?!). And remember, "Your band sucks," is not an excuse, because you can always stop by just to try out the new restaurant.

What else? The Wall Street bailout plan fell apart yesterday in the House, and stocks plummeted. I guess they're doing slightly better today. It's pretty crazy to have all of this stuff going on during an election year. I don't remember another presidential election when the attention of the public has had their attention split between the election and a major national crisis in this way. In a small way, I'm sort of glad that the attention of the public has been returned to fundamental issues that effect the country rather than arguing about whether Palin is a pig who wears lipstick or whether John McCain knows how to navigate Windows.

I recorded the presidential debate last Friday while I was ACL Fest, and after having finally gotten a chance to watch it, I thought the two candidates came across as fairly evenly matched.

Not much else to say, and I'm tired. Dad, The Admiral, is currently jetting around Europe somewhere. I'm not even sure where. It's hard to keep track of that man.

Well, I'll talk to you guys later.
Have a good one.

No comments: