Friday, August 01, 2008

Back from the Conference

I'm back from the Advanced Criminal Law Course, but I have today off (took a vacation day since things at work are going to be really slow today, anyway). The course was pretty good. I learned a few things, ate some pretty good food (in addition to La Fogata, we managed to hit Paesano's, Schilo's, and Tony Roma's during the trip), and got to hang out with some friends.


(Here's Channing, Carla, and Yvonne, kicking it in the bar at the Marriott)







(Here's Brandon, Victoria, and a glimpse of Nancy as they sit in on one of the courses)
Anyway, the course was pretty good, but it's nice to be home and have Cassidy back (she stayed with Ryan and Jamie).
Last night I went to see Step Brothers with Ryan and Jamie. It wasn't exactly the best movie in the world, but it made me laugh really hard, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. I have to admit that the humor is pretty stupid, though, and it's definitely not a movie for everyone (come to think of it, I'm not sure what it says about me that it made me laugh so much, but let's not overanalyze that point).
Well, that's it for the moment. Hope everyone's had a good week.

4 comments:

meredith said...

So is Step Brothers worth seeing for the rest of the masses? I usually like Will Ferrell movies....I know it's stupid, potty humor, but there is something funny about that to me. Oh yeah...now I know why...because I live with 4 gross boys.....

Glad you're back from the conference....missed reading your blog while you were gone!!!

Steanso said...

Well, I thought Step Brothers was worth seeing. I think Ryan and Jamie thought it was just matinee worthy, but there were a few scenes in there that had me still laughing when we walked out of the theater. If you like Will Ferrell's sense of humor, it's pretty darn good.

Meredith said...

Okay, sold. Doesn't take much. I will probably catch it with the Mr. whenever we can escape the rugrats...

The League said...

I always sort of think Will Ferrell movies feel like they might as well have been shot on a handy cam in a backyard somewhere, because the only thing that makes them work is the actors.

And, honestly, I thought it was really funny. What I think sets this one a bit apart from "semi-pro" is that they make sure the whole cast is funny, and not just the two leads.

Kathryn Hahn was particularly hilarious.