Monday, February 27, 2012

Weekend Update

Well, the weekend was a good one. The biggest story from the weekend involved the installation of new Pergo flooring at the house on Friday (in the three bedrooms- the rest of the house has tile).  It took me a long time to get around to getting them installed, but I think they look pretty good!



So the new floors required us to move all of my stuff (and Amy's) out of the three bedrooms.  We spent the night at my parents house on Thursday and Friday nights. 
I just want to say thanks again to Mom and Dad for helping with everything from moving furniture, to housing and feeding us, to meeting up with the install guys when I had to be at a meeting for work.  Also, thanks to Ryan for helping with moving furniture before the install.  We really appreciate all of the help!
So, anyway, the flooring project took up a good part of the weekend, but the final product looks nice.
On Saturday night I went to see an improv comedy thing at the Institution Theater with Ryan, Jamie and friends.  Our longtime friend, Carla, had a central role in the performance, which was a sort of improv comedy version of a Lifetime movie.  It was pretty darn entertaining, and Carla did a really good job.
On Sunday we got back in the normal swing of things- running errands, shopping, exercising, etc..
Sunday night I joined Amy at an Oscar party at Jaci and Josh's house.  I can't remember the last time I watched the Oscars, let alone attended an Oscars party, and I hadn't really seen most of the movies.  We had a nice time, though, and really enjoyed the company.  I need to see The Artist and Hugo.   
So that was the weekend.  It was nice.  The weather yesterday was beautiful.
You have to love Austin in the spring!
Hope everyone is doing well.

4 comments:

The League said...

The floors look fantastic. Good color! Gives me hope for my vision of doing our stairs and upstairs one day.

J.S. said...

Thanks. You'll need to come by and check them out in person!

Jean said...

Looks great Jason!

J.S. said...

:-) You'll get to see them in May!