Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Addendum on California Earthquake Worries

As a follow up to my post from a couple of days ago where I expressed some concern about a possible lack of preparedness for major earthquake on our west coast, I offer this new Newsweek article by Sharon Begley and Andrew Murr which seems to address some similar concerns.
I'm really just going to provide the link in case anyone's interested.
One thing that jumped out at me in the article, though, was a prediction by the Seismological Laboratory at the University of California, Berkeley, that California has a 99.7 percent chance of being hit by an earthquake with a magnitude of 6.7 or greater within the next 30 years.
Scary stuff.
Like I said in my previous post, I'm not sure exactly how much preparation we can do for something like that, but I hope that we're doing the best that we can to take real precautions.

No comments: