Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Fringe Theme

Some of you may already know that I'm sort of a fan of Fringe, a television program about mad science and investigations into areas where "fringe" science has collided with our day to day reality. I like the show. I LOVE the theme song.
I can't really explain why. It just sticks in my head. It's a powerful theme, and it does a great job of setting the tone for the show. Actually, the theme song is good enough that it might be deserving of an even better show (Fringe is good and it can definitely be clever, but I'm not ready to add it to my pantheon of the all time greats).

Here' the song during the usual title sequence (it's short, so give it a shot!).



Here's a variation on the Fringe theme that was created especially for an episode which showed some of the backstory of the characters. The episode took place in 1985 (and yes, X-Files fans, I know they set an episode in the eighties, too). Like I said, Fringe can be pretty clever...


2 comments:

aedavis4 said...

are you a Philip Glass fan? If so, I'm going to bring over my "Fog of War" soundtrack.

J.S. said...

You are awesome, Amy! You are sitting right next to me!