Sunday, October 02, 2011

Hello Tulsa, Goodbye White Chair

Well, I'm off to Tulsa this week for a Veterans Court training.  I'm not super excited to be going to spend a week in Oklahoma (I'm going to miss Amy, and the fall weather is starting to get nice in Austin right now), but I'm trying to stay positive about it.
Amy and I have had a good weekend.  On Friday night we went to Lambert's.  Neither one of us had ever been there, although both of us had read some good things about it, and I thought it lived up to its reputation.  Amy had a pork chop, and I had shrimp and grits.  We also had a chick pea appetizer, brussel sprouts, and a pumpkin brulee for desert.  It was a really nice dinner, and I had a really nice time.  I'll definitely go back there again.

(big happiness at Lambert's!  And people wonder why I'm not thrilled about heading off to Tulsa)

Yesterday we just did some house stuff, and then last night we went over to my parents house to watch the UT-Iowa game.  It was a nice evening.  Not a great game, but it's always better to be on the winning end of a blowout!  
And today I've been getting ready to go out of town.  Also, we moved the trusty (and kind of grungy) ol' white chair out to the curb for bulk pick up.  I sat in this chair a lot more back in the pre-Amy days (it's now been dubbed the "Jason is Alone" chair), but it served me well for a time.  Via con dios, chair!

(This is Amy's new post as official guest greeter for the Hopalong Lounge)

At any rate, maybe I'll blog while I'm gone.  Things might be slow in Tulsa.

3 comments:

The League said...

NO! Not the White Chair! Not Jason's Siege Perilous! Its the end of an era, I say. What will be in that corner? I say we go immediately to Pier 1 and get a Papa San. And some christmas lights to hang around the living room.

cardboardbelts said...

The white chair didn't even make it to the Salvation Army pick-up for tomorrow. It was adopted by someone only a few hours after we moved it out to the front yard! :D

J.S. said...

The white chair was a good, loyal friend. I wish it safe voyage!