Thursday, October 20, 2011

Goodbye, Laura

Many of you probably don't know Laura Bennett Hague, but a a few of the people who read this blog definitely know her.  Laura was a good friend of mine and housemate from my Trinity days back in college.  She passed away this morning after a long battle with cancer.  She was an extremely lively, caring, energetic person who was filled with boundless enthusiasm and an endless love of life.  She had a tremendous sense of humor, loved entertaining people, and loved being entertained by them.  She was fiercely loyal to her friends.
During college, Laura loved nothing more than organizing parties, planning outings, and thinking up fun things to do with friends.  Her eyes would light up with excitement whenever someone would suggest anything from a houseparty to a spring break trip to a group dinner.
I hadn't seen Laura in a number of years, but I've been exchanging some messages and emails with her over the last couple of years, and it's also been quite evident to me for some time (although maybe this wasn't something that I initially picked up on in college) that she was a person of extraordinary strength, bravery, and faith.
Although I haven't seen her in a while, it makes me immensely sad to know that she's gone.  She left behind her husband, Josh, and her daughter, Katy Jayne.
My sympathies and love go out to Laura and her family.


1 comment:

The League said...

Very sorry to hear about Laura. Sympathies to her family, and to all of you who are her friends.