Sunday, April 02, 2017

Update

Hi!  How's everyone?  It's April!  It feels like we just had Christmas, for cryin' out loud.
Our weekend was pretty good!

Here'a pic of Amy playing some ball with the
wee ones at Raylan's school on Friday.
On Friday we worked and went out to dinner in the evening.  We went to La Posada.

"Tortilllllllla!"
We were tired.  I think we went to bed pretty early.  It had been a busy week.

La Posada is one of my happy places.  Believe it or not, this is what
relaxation looks like to me after a long week.
On Saturday we got up and I rode my bike to Central Market and got us some breakfast tacos and bagels for breakfast.  We went to Target and bought a few household items and a kite.
Then, of course, we had to go to the park to fly the kite.
Raylan walks over to give me some kite flying
instructions.
In the afternoon, after Raylan's nap and some parental exercise, we hung out at the house for a while and then eventually walked down to Whole Earth and Central Market.
In the evening Amy made salmon with avocado puree (which was very good), and then she did some reading while I played Witcher III.  I'm just getting to the part with the Botchling.
Which is messed up.
I'll let you look it up on your own if the curiosity is killing you.
On Sunday morning we went to Kerbey Lane.  While we there, a big storm rolled through.  Heavy rains, high winds, lightning.  Pretty crazy stuff.  The lights even flickered once or twice at the restaurant.


Who's afraid of storms?  No one at this table!
After the storm rolled through, though, the weather behind it was very nice,  The sun came out and the clouds rolled away.

Perfect day for a puddleboot walk.
Later, in the afternoon, we went over to my parents' house.  The weather was nice.  We spent some time out on their porch while Raylan played with toys, and I strummed guitar.

Steans Creek.
They fed us fajitas (which were good), and Raylan got so much attention that he eventually turned into a spinning, bouncing, shouting crazy man.

When story time unexpectedly turns into bouncing time.

Then we all piled in the car and headed home.
Amy and I listened to a little bit of the S-Town podcast after Raylan was in bed.  I think I'm enjoying it a little bit more than Amy.  Anyway, we're both interested, but maybe not quite sure it's living up to some of the hype surrounding it.
Not even 3 full episodes in, though, so I guess we'll see.
Anyway, that was our weekend.
Hope you guys had a good one!







No comments: