Thursday, July 03, 2014

Update

It's been a while since I had a chance to write a post.  Amy and I went on a trip to Arizona last week, and then this week I've just been extremely busy with work and stuff.

Our trip to Arizona didn't really go as planned, but it turned out pretty well in the end.
We had initially planned to go and stay in a cabin that Amy's family owns up in Munds Park near Flagstaff, but Amy wasn't feeling great, so we were with the entire family for only a couple of days before we ended up heading back "down the hill" to Amy's parents house in Peoria.  So it was a quieter trip than we had originally planned, but we ended up having some time to relax and visit with Amy's parents.  Life's been busy lately, so it was good to have some time to go for some walks, go to the pool a bit, and decompress.
I'd like to send our thanks out once again to Jean and Greg for being such gracious hosts.

On Thursday night after I got back I went to dinner with my parents and some family friends, the Blood family, and my cousin Susan and her daughter, Ciara.  It was Ciara's birthday, so it was good to see her and hang out a little bit.  We went to Rudy's and had some barbecue.

Last weekend we went to a party over at Ryan and Jamie's house.  It was a fun time.  We chatted with a few folks, ate some food, and had a couple of drinks.  I got to meet Ryan's boss, Debra, as well as some of his other coworkers, and catch up with a few other friends.  My parents were there, so we chatted with them.

On Sunday I got together with Reed, and we played some music, songs collected between the two of us under the nom de guerre for our two man configuration, Wastewood.  We had a good time, released a lot of energy, and made a lot of noise.

Other from that, I've been working.  I watched all of the U.S. games for World Cup.  It was a really fun ride.  I'm sorry that we got eliminated by Belgium, but I was just proud of us for getting that far, and, to be honest, Belgium was the better team in that game, so there was no shame in losing by one goal in overtime.  Our goalkeeper, Tim Howard, put in an amazing performance, but the onslaught was just too much.

That's about it.

Hope everyone's doing okay!  Have a happy 4th of July.

Thinking of you tonight, Jeff Wilson.


No comments: