Friday, January 03, 2014

New Year's

Happy New Year, everyone!  2013, on a personal level, was a really good year for me.  Amy and I got married, and things have been really good with us.  We're really looking forward to 2014. 
Things at work are going well.  The mental health docket, veterans court, and other random prosecutorial jobs are all keeping me busy.  Amy started a new job this year doing environmental enforcement with the Attorney General's Office.  She seems very happy with it, which, in turn, makes me happy.  My family seems happy and healthy, and I've had the chance to spend some time with Amy's family and get to know them better.  That's been really good as well.
My band hasn't really been playing as much as I'd like, but we're still getting together when we can, and that's always good.  I still love making music, and I wish I had more time and opportunities to do it. 
Anyway, it's been a good year.  It almost feels unrealistic to hope that 2014 will be just as good, but... finger crossed.

To celebrate this year we went to a New Year's Eve party that was hosted by a couple that both work with Amy, Kellie and Tommy.  Their party was really nice.  It was festive, with good food and nice people.  We had a really nice time hanging out and chatting with folks and playing with their dogs.  It was a good way to bring in 2014. 
On New Year's Day we walked over to Central Market and had breakfast.  In the afternoon Mandy had some folks over, so we wandered across the street for black eyed peas, corn bread, and cabbage (and maybe a drink or two).  It was sort of the perfect way to spend the afternoon on New Year's Day.  We all sat around shooting the breeze, enjoying the beautiful weather, and being lazy.  It was very nice.

So that was how we rolled into 2014. 

Here's to a good year!  May it bring everyone some happiness and peace.

Cheers!

No comments: