Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Update

Well, we had a three day weekend because of the MLK Day holiday.  Amy hadn't seen her family in a while, so she flew home to Arizona on Friday, leaving me pretty much unsupervised for the weekend.
Despite her absence, I have no Hangover-style stories of debauchery and depravity to tell.  Friday night I watched TV and went to bed early (still fighting the ol' cedar fever, ya know).  Saturday Dad came over and helped me fix a broken cabinet in one of our bathrooms.  That evening I went to dinner with he and Mom at Maudie's.  It was really nice to hang out with them and catch up.
On Sunday I ran some errands, did some chores, and got some exercise.  In the afternoon I went over to Saxon Pub to see Ray Bonneville perform.  It was a really good little show.  I recommend him highly.  If you're interested in what I thought of the show, I'll be putting a post up on my new blog, ATX Note Book (check the Hot Links section on the right of this page).
Sunday evening Reed, Jim, and Frank came over to make some music.  We had a good time playing.  It had been a while since we had gotten together, and it felt good to play.
I'm not really sure about the state of Mono Ensemble as a gig-playing musical entity these days.  We enjoy getting together to play when we can, but it's pretty hard to get people together often enough to learn new material and even harder to get things worked up well enough to play them in public.
We still enjoy playing, though, so we'll keep getting together to practice.  I guess time will just sort of tell in terms of playing shows.
Anyway, it was good to play on Sunday night.  On Monday, MLK Day, I did some laundry and then went shopping with Ryan.  Every once in a while we hit a couple of stores together since we both have to buy big and tall clothes.  When you bring more average sized people with you to those kinds of places they get bored pretty quickly because nothing will fit them.  Which is sort of the way we feel in normal stores.  Anyway, that's why we go together.  We bought a couple of shirts and grabbed some lunch.
After that I picked up Amy from the airport.
Which felt really good.  Nice to have her home!

No comments: