Monday, December 16, 2013

Update

Hey!  How's it going?  How are you?  Yes, YOU!  Feel free to post a comment and let me know!  I like to hear from people.
So, it was sort of a weird week last week.  Highs and lows, I suppose.  I mean, I don't mean to be too dramatic.  The big low of the week for me was probably getting a touch of the stomach flu. 
Buuut... the week started well.  Our friend Josh came into town from D.C. for work, and stayed with us for a night.  We took him out to a Monday night football game party over at Adam and Katie's place to watch the Dallas-Chicago game.  There was beer and chili and yelling-  a proper football celebration.

(Chicago fans enjoying their
Monday night)
We had fun, even though Chicago pretty much manhandled Dallas (Josh is a Dallas fan- Katie and Adam pull for Chicago).  I don't watch too much NFL football anymore, but when I do, I'm mostly a Packers fan.  So I kept my mouth shut, since the Packers are pretty much hated by Dallas and Chicago fans.  I keep wanting to become a Texans fan, since I spent most of my childhood rooting for the Houston Oilers, but the Texans have just not been very good...

On Thursday we went to a Christmas party for Amy's new office.  The party was really nice with good food, nice people, and a nice house with festive decorations, but halfway through the party I started feeling kind of sick.  We left the party a little bit early, and things sort of went downhill from there.  I felt pretty awful Thursday night, and missed work on Friday.  I hadn't been that sick in a while.  By Saturday afternoon I was doing fine as long as I didn't eat anything.
We stopped in at a Frito Pie party that a coworker, Erika, was throwing.  I was careful not to touch anyone or eat or drink.  We just stayed for a little while, but it was good to see everyone.

Saturday night we watched The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.  I've heard that movie panned, sometimes fairly harshly, but I've seen it twice now, and I enjoyed it both times.  I feel like it has a few silly moments, but it also has a sense of humor about itself that the Lord of the Rings movies didn't contain.  (I liked the Lord of the Rings movies a lot, but they were fairly melodramatic, and at times, all of the earnestness and nobility started to wear on the cynic in me).  Anyway, we both enjoyed it, and hopefully we'll get a chance to see the new Hobbit movie when it hits theaters.  It's a long movie, but it was a nice way to pass the time, given that I still really wasn't feeling up to speed.

On Sunday we got up and I was feeling much better.  We went to Kerbey Lane and went to Target.  We took care of some chores around the house. 


We picked up leaves, and Amy baked cookies for work, and I got a little exercise.  The sun was out and the weather was nice.  We took Cassidy to our neighborhood park for a little hop, and she hung out with us in the yard while we cleaned up.

Sunday night we ate some fish and green beans, and I went to see Richard, a friend of mine from the courthouse, doing some improv comedy at a place called The Hideout Theater on Congress.  It was a good time and funny.  Richard's been taking some improv classes, so his class was performing last night, and following their performance were two other troupes who did similar bits.  The whole thing was a lot of fun.

And that was about it.

I hope you guys had a good weekend.  Stay healthy.  Wash your hands.  That stomach flu is nasty!!






2 comments:

Jean said...

Sorry about your stomach flu...not pleasant! We were up at the cabin this weekend and everyone, except me, had gotten their flu shot..."ages ago" blah...blah...blah. I felt like a bad "herd" and slunk off to Safeway as soon as we got back down the hill to take care of it.

Your leaf gatherer is pretty cute!

Glad you are feeling better. Enjoy this upcoming week!

xoxox
The AZ clan.

J.S. said...

Thanks! Hope you guys enjoyed your stay at the cabin! And glad to hear that you're helping out the herd. ;-)