Monday, May 14, 2012

The Weekend

The weekend was pretty nice.  Hopefully all of the Moms had a nice Mother's Day.
Friday night was sort of slow.  Amy and I were both feeling a little run down, so we took it easy.  We ended up watching Hugo.  I liked it, but I guess I didn't end up finding that it lived up to all of the hype and excitement that I'd heard about back when it was in theaters.  Maybe the fault for a little disappointment lies partially with me for waiting to watch Hugo until after I'd heard a whole lot of people tell me how amazing it was.  Raised expectations, I've learned, can be the downfall of just about any movie.
Anyway, I found Hugo pleasant, if not stunning.  Definitely pretty to look at.
Saturday morning we got up and went out to Pflugerville for the kidney walk.  We walked around Lake Pflugerville to support the National Kidney Foundation.  Our team was associated with the dialysis clinic where my sister-in-law receives treatment, and our immediate family raised a surprisingly large amount of money for the event.  The weather was nice, and it was a pleasant walk.
I'm not really sure where the rest of Saturday went.  I went for a bike ride.
Sunday was Mother's Day.  Amy flew back to Phoenix to spend time with her mother, grandmother, sister, and family.  Having to work this week, I stayed here. 
I went to church with my folks and took Mom and Dad out to lunch.  Later in the day I went bowling with my family and the McBrides (it was Jamie's dad's birthday, so that was good- especially since I think he beat everyone bowling), and then I joined that same crew for dinner.  Doug and Kristen, Jamie's brother and sister-in-law, were in town, so it was nice to have a chance to hang out with them.
And that was the weekend.  Short and sweet.
I hope everyone is doing well.

2 comments:

Paul Toohey said...

Well, I heard that someone didn't put up much of a fight on the lanes...coughRyancough...

J.S. said...

All I can say is that Ryan (aka, Captain Awesome) put in a truly unforgettable performance.