Thursday, May 10, 2012

Assassin's Creed 3

So I've played Assassin's Creed 1 and 2, and now Amy has been playing a bit of the second one.  These games are sort of weird, especially in the details of their plotlines, but I really enjoy them.  I think Amy does, too (she can correct me if I'm wrong).  The artwork is just really, really impressive, and I like the historical themes (I think I would enjoy them even more if they just went ahead and took some of the virtual reality/sci-fi aspects out of the game).  The games tend to be sort of long, but they've got a lot of interesting stuff to do, and the gameplay mechanics are pretty cool (the characters have cool moves when they're fighting, and it's fun to spend time having your acrobatic avatar run across the rooftops of ancients cities and towns).
Anyway, here's the new trailer for Assassin's Creed 3.  It looks to be have one of the strangest plotlines yet (the assassin guy looks weirder than ever running around in a variation of the assassin's cloak during the American Revolutionary War), but it also looks like it'll probably be visually stunning and a lot of fun.

4 comments:

The League said...

I'm calling this "Nathan Hale: Bad-Ass".

J.S. said...

Yeah. Well, subtlety isn't going to be the strong point in most video games. Come to think of it, subtlety isn't really the strong point for a lot of movies these days, either (but the video games, having the need to be playable, have a slightly better excuse for the weirdness).

The League said...

Remind me to tell you about how many comics I've given up due to outrage over period wardrobe inaccuracies.

J.S. said...

See, with someone else I would just assume that the above comment was a joke...