Monday, August 29, 2011

The Weekend

So the weekend was pretty good. It went by way too fast.
I ate hatch chili enchiladas, played a kind of complicated boardgame called Caylus (or it seemed complicated at the time) with newfriends Reid, Jim, and Seth, went to a few stores, swam at Barton Springs, had band practice, and ate frozen yogurt.
The importance of the frozen yogurt is not to be underestimated.
Amy looooves frozen yogurt.
It's delicious, cold, and apparently good for you, so she likes it. A LOT.
For a year now she's periodically mentioned cravings for froyo, but I've typically had to quietly, sadly respond with my belief that there really weren't many frozen yogurt choices in South Austin. Maybe none at all. This statement would usually elicit a sort of mournful, wistful, faraway look as Amy longingly stared out the window and dreamed of having a boyfriend who could provide her with tastier, healthier frozen treats.
I'd looked on Google Maps, though, and no sign of yogurt in South Austin.
But on Saturday everything changed.
Wham! Bam!
We found two frozen yogurt places in South Austin within about a four hour span!
First we drove past a place called Yogurt 4 U on William Cannon, and then we found a place called Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt over in Sunset Valley only about a mile or two from my house!
We had yogurt there twice in twenty four hours.
I know that sounds like a lot of yogurt, but it was a weekend of celebration. (also, one of those times we went right after swimming and basking in the sun at Barton Springs. I'm pretty sure you're required by law to eat frozen yogurt after a trip to Barton Springs if yogurt is available)
It turned out that Tutti Frutti had been there for about a year, but I guess it took the place a while to work its way onto the interwebz.
And you wouldn't believe the change in Amy. Thanks to froyo, I'm able to bring joy into her life now. There's a spring in her step and a smile on her face. Sometimes, when she thinks I'm not looking, I see her close her eyes and grin as she thinks about frozen yogurt.
Annnnyway, I hope you guys are doing well. Stay out of the heat. Eat some frozen yogurt.

Peace.

2 comments:

cardboardbelts said...

Your house has doubled in value because of its proximity to froyo. I kid you not.

J.S. said...

Well, you really love yogurt! Or just really do not like my house. ;-)