Sunday, August 21, 2011

Happy Birthday, Dad!


So my dad, Rick Steans, is turning 65 today. Amy and I just got back from spending a couple of very nice days at the beach with Dad, Mom, Ryan, and Jamie.

I literally can't say enough about my Dad and what it mean to have grown up in a family with him. He's taught me everything from basic, practical life skills (e.g., how to change a tire and how to install grounded electrical plugs) to helping shape my worldview (e.g., "You're as good as anyone, but better than no one.")

At any rate, I don't want to get too sentimental on the ol' blog, but I would definitely feel remiss if I didn't mark Dad's birthday with some kind of post. I love you a lot, Dad, and I feel very lucky and proud to have you in my life! I hope you've had a good birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jas, for the kind comments. I really enjoyed our weekend. Also, thanks again for the telescope. It will get a lot of use.

Love, Dad