Thursday, December 30, 2010

Update: Karebear and The Admiral Go to Enchanted Rock With Amy (while I had to go to lame ol' work)

So Mom and Dad (on vacation) took Amy (on winter break) hiking today with our good friends, Don and Judy Neely. Apparently everyone sipped champagne on top of Enchanted Rock while I was slaving away at my desk under the harsh, fluorescent glare of Travis County office lighting. So they had fun. And I got to feel sorry for myself.
Oh well. Tomorrow I get the day off!

2 comments:

aedavis4 said...

10 hours of Steansness! (kudos to Jamie for that word) :)

J.S. said...

Amy, you have experienced what is referred to in scientific circles as a Karebear Funnami. When caught up in this sort of powerful current, some experts say that it's best not to struggle, but simply to ride the fun-seeking energy of the Funnami as it carries you along. If you try to fight a Karebear Funnami before it's run its natural course, you'll just wear yourself out and/or risk personal injury...