Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas 2010

So, Christmas this year was a good one. Amy's parents, Jean and Greg, were in town, so I got to meet Amy's dad for the first time and got to know both of them a bit better. We did a number of fun, festive things while they were here, including going out to dinner, going to see The Santaland Diaries at Zach, and going to see Tron (and what could more clearly spell out Yuletide fun than a Tron screening?). They're really nice people, and I really enjoyed my time with them!
My folks got here mid week, and on Friday the Steans clan headed over to the McBride's house (Jamie's parents) for a Christmas Eve dinner.
It was really nice! It was good to see Doug and Kristen (Jamie's brother and sister-in-law), as well as Dick and Judy (who I see a bit more often). This was also the only time I hung out with Ryan and Jamie over Christmas, so that was good, too (and Matt was there, and it was good to see him as well, of course).
Friday night I went with my family and Amy's family to church at St. Martin's downtown for Christmas Eve. Ciara was an acolyte, which is sort of a big deal when the church is as crowded as this one was for the Christmas Eve service, and she did a good job!
Anyway, it was a nice service. I really enjoyed the chance to spend a Christmas Eve with both my family and Amy's family. I got a chance to wish my cousin, Susan, a happy birthday (her birthday gets a little lost in the shuffle since it's on Christmas Eve) and see my Uncle Donald. Later, that evening at my house, Amy and I hung out and watched the first episode of the Battlestar Galactica miniseries and drank a little eggnog. Amy seemed to really like it, which is awesome. :-)
Saturday we had Christmas at my parents house with both of our families. It was the first time they had really spent time together (they met at church on Friday, but without much of a chance to talk), and it was a really nice day.
My mom made a ton of good food
(with Amy and her Mom helping out on appetizer detail), and the whole thing felt really Christmas-y and nice.








Amy also played some cutthroat Banagrams with Ciara and Susan. I suspect that there was hardcore cheating going on, but I would be hard pressed to prove it given the wiliness of the three women involved.






Anyway, we opened a lot of presents and took some pictures and ate good Christmas food (the food seemed particularly good this year).

So Christmas 2010 was really good! I hope that everyone else had a good one as well!

No comments: