Sunday, February 26, 2017

Update

Hey!  How's everybody?

We had a pretty good weekend.  Kind of low key, but good.

"I make these look good."
On Saturday morning we went to Kerbey Lane for breakfast.
Afterward we took Raylan to the zoo.  It was a nice morning- sunny and a little cool.  The animals were up and about.

"Dad, now that we have a fence around our yard, we could raise some
of these guys, right?  Right, Dad?!"

"Once I was the ruler of a vast savanna.  Now small, human boys,
 smelling tantalizingly of pancakes and strawberries, feel free to yell at me
without fear of reprisal..." 



"Okay, I'm gonna feed you now, but you gotta let me ride you
later, okay?"

"Here's a treat.  For helping that Little Blue Truck out of the mud."

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm a little worn out."
Saturday at lunch time Amy went over to watch Truett while Mary and Chad completed some more tasks to finish the move into their new house.  Raylan slept and I worked out.  Later, she exercised, and I took Raylan for a walk.

Sunday morning we got up and all went to the grocery store together.  Sadly, we were unable to acquire one of the coveted racing car shopping carts.  Maybe next time...

Later in the morning I took Raylan to his music class.  It was fun.  The class take place in a dance studio full of mirrors, so Raylan seemed a little distracted with the possibility of just running around while looking in the mirrors.  He participated in some of the stuff, though, and we had a good time.

"I'm stepping up my springtime look this year, Dad.  New shades."
On Sunday afternoon I got an oil change and ran an errand or two.
In the evening, Frank came over and we had a two man, acoustic band practice.  It was good.  I think we sounded decent, given the fact that we don't usually play that way.

After dinner, Amy made some tasty soup (I'm not sure what you call it, but it had paprika and sausage in it).

And that was the weekend, pretty much.

It went by quickly.  I hope you guys had a good one.








No comments: