Monday, January 09, 2017

Update

Hey! It's been sort of a busy week.  On Friday we got a new glass sliding door installed on the back of our house to replace our old French doors.
The French doors never worked right and wouldn't open correctly anymore.
The new glass sliding door got installed, weirdly, on probably the coldest day that we've had so far this year.  Luckily, the guys were able to get it put in over the course of a single afternoon.  I had meetings at work, so Amy and my dad came and met the guys and hung out in the cold house while they worked.  Thanks, Dad and Amy!

There comes a moment when you have a large, gaping hole in the back of
your house on a 30 degree day when you may begin to somewhat question
the wisdom of your plans...

Cassidy was not excited about the cold, noisy house, so Amy
bundled her up back in the bedroom.



Finished!
On Friday night I got home and gave Raylan a bath and got us fish and chips from Baker Street, which seemed like a good idea on a cold night.
Saturday morning was sunny, but cold.
We went to a birthday part for Ophelia, the daughter of our friends Adam and Katie, over at their house in Hyde Park.  It was fun.  There were lots of kids there, and Raylan had a fun time running around.  He ate cake and got to play.  We talked to a few parents of the other kids who were there.  It seemed like most of the kids at the party went to daycare with Ophelia.
When we got home, despite the cold temperatures, Raylan insisted on a little bit of time on his swing set.

"The cold can't catch you if you swing hard enough, Dad."
Saturday afternoon we went to Home Depot and ran some errands.

On Sunday morning we went out for a Tex Mex breakfast at La Posada and then went grocery shopping as a family.  Rylan seemed to enjoy both events.

"I know you think this hat is too big for me, guys,
but if I give it a jaunty tilt, I think I can pull it off."

The family that shops together... uh...
stays mildly entertained on a cold, winter day.
On Sunday afternoon, sadly, I actually had to go to work.  I'm working on a brief for an appeal, so I gotta get it done before the deadline catches up with me.  Ryan and Jamie came by the house to visit Amy and Raylan while I was at the office.
Sunday night I got home and gave Raylan a bath while Amy made chilaquiles.
Yum.

And that was pretty much our weekend.  Also, for the second time, we watched John Carter, breaking it up over a couple of nights.  That movie didn't do especially great with critics, I believe, and I don't think it did great at the box office, either, but we both still like it.  It's a Steans-Davis cult hit, I guess. Pulpy Mars sci-fi adventure, told with a bit of a sense of humor.  What's not to like?

So that was the weekend.  Amy is out of town right now on a work trip.  She's in Wichita Falls.  Rylan is spending the night with my mom and dad.  The house is weirdly quiet.  I miss them both.









No comments: