Monday, October 26, 2015

Update

Hey! How are you? Everyone doing okay so far as we fall into fall?
Here's a video that I actually took last week of Raylan.  It's just a quick video of him enjoying a bath, but he really loves water these days, and I haven't really show him in action very much on the ol' blog.  He just turned 6 months, so this seems like as good a time as any for a video.





Our weekend in Austin was, as predicted, very rainy.  Fortunately, we ended up having a sort of moderate, steady rain instead of constant heavy downpours, so we didn't get any flooding (at least down in our neck of the woods).
Our weekend consisted of mostly indoor activities, though, as we tried to stay dry.
On Friday night we just hung out.  We watched an episode of The Americans, I think.
On Saturday I got up and went grocery shopping, and then we went out to Steiner Ranch to watch the UT v. K-State game.  Amy and Raylan decided to wear matching Mono Ensemble outfits to enjoy the game.  Amy got some stitching and reading done while Mom, Dad, and I watched UT slowly defeat K-State at a very wet DKR Stadium.  Mom made some tasty turkey chili, and put out some veggies and crackers.  It was fun.  I can't emphasize enough how nice it is to have someplace where we can get out of the house for a while and feel comfortable taking Raylan (he has a crib over there that he can nap in if he gets tired).





(Wait.  I have to be a fan of who now?)



(I suspect that someone has put something ridiculous on my head)



On Sunday Ryan and Jamie came over in the afternoon.  They hung out with Raylan and me for a little while.  Amy was napping at first (Raylan did not sleep in this weekend), but eventually she woke up and joined us.  It was good to have them stop by!  Raylan was a little zoned out initially (he also just got up from a nap), but eventually he snapped out of it and got more excited.





(Stare down contest.  Start....NOW!!!)
In the evening, I went to band practice.  It was good.  Jim played piano.  It's a work in progress integrating the piano, but it's coming along.
When I got home, Amy had made a good dinner with salmon and a topping that involved onions and tomatoes.  Very good.  Also some polenta.
After dinner and dishes I watched The Walking Dead.  Man, this season has been rough so far.


And that was the weekend!  It was rainy.  It was good.




(Nap attack?  What's a nap...?) 

No comments: