Monday, September 14, 2015

Update

Hey!  So our week and weekend was pretty good.  I had a really busy week at work.  Amy had a busy week at work, too, AND she got a pretty big raise last week.  I'm really proud of her.  She works hard. I think it sounds like she's a smart, aggressive lawyer (fair, but aggressive), and she's working on protecting our environment.  The Attorney General's office is lucky to have her.  It's nice to see them recognize the contributions that their employees are making.
Our actual weekend felt somewhat busy, but I'm not sure what we did....

Friday night I think we just sort of chilled out.

Saturday Amy took Raylan on a playdate with her friends from work while I ran an errand or two and went to the gym.  The weather was really nice out, so I actually rode my bike to the gym by our house.  It was fun!  I didn't ride far, but I hadn't been on my bike in a while, so it felt good to get back on.
Amy had fun at Katerina's house with Mary, Katerina and Heather and Truett, Logan, and Otto (and, of course, Raylan).
"Do you guys think we'll still be chilling on the floor together like
this in 10 years?"


On Saturday I also did some shopping.  In the evening we watched the Longhorns beat the Rice Owls.  Yeah?  Glad for the win, but it's probably not great to note that Rice's significantly sub-powerhouse offense did okay against our defense....
(modeling the good luck gameday hat)

On Sunday we got up, put Raylan in the stroller, and walked over to Central Market for breakfast.  It was good!  Glorious weather once again!  If Raylan didn't get grouchy when the sun gets in his eyes, we might have sat outside, but we had a very nice walk there and back.

What else?  Oh yeah, we also got a new rug on Saturday.  Amy picked it out.  I like it!  We put a mat under it so Raylan will be more comfortable playing on it.

Team Baby-Dog enjoying new rug
And that was mostly it.  Band practice Sunday night with Reed, Jim, and Frank.  We sounded pretty good.

Hope you guys have a good week!  Enjoy this cooler weather (and the UT win) while it lasts!

No comments: