Monday, July 20, 2015

Update and Arizona

Howdy! Hope you guys are doing well! It's getting a little hot out there.
So last Wednesday we packed up and headed to Arizona.  It had been a little while since either of us had been out there.  Amy's doctor didn't want her flying anywhere during the last part of her pregnancy, and then after Raylan was born, we didn't want to put him on a plane until he was all vaccinated up.
So we finally brought The Boy out to Phoenix to meet the aunt, uncle, cousins, grandparents, and great grandparents.  We were a little nervous about flying with a baby on a plane, but Raylan did great on the way out there.  He stayed pretty happy and slept through part of it. 
(it's all first class when you're a bebe)

We got to Phoenix on Wednesday afternoon.  On Wednesday evening we had dinner at Greg and Jean's place with the whole gang.  Carol and Jerry and Matt and Heidi and Scott, Nathan, and Rosie all came over.  Raylan got to meet his cousins, and I caught up with everyone a little bit and played with Scott and Nathan.  We had shredded chicken tacos for dinner with black beans, and they were really good.


(Jerry, Raylan, and Amy)


(Amy, Carol, and Raylan)

(Amy, Raylan, and Greg)

(Rosie, Jean, and Raylan)
On Thursday I went swimming with Amy, and we stopped by Heidi and Matt's new house to check it out.  It's very nice!  I also got to see the new house that Jerry and Carol just bought, which is also a nice place.  Jerry and Carol are planning on putting in new floors and possibly having some painting done.  The house already looks good, and it will be even more fun to look at it to see the results of the changes that they're planning to make.
Thursday night Jean made some really good salmon sandwiches with avocado, along with potatoes and a broccoli salad.  Very tasty.
I was only out in Phoenix from Wednesday through Friday evening. Amy and Raylan stayed out there and are flying back this evening with Jean (she'll be staying with us this week).


My weekend without Amy and Raylan felt a little weird.  I miss them when I think about them, but, also, time went by really fast.  Saturday morning I tried to swing by Dan's for breakfast tacos, but it was a zoo, so I ended up going to Taqueria Los Jaliscienses.  It's a little neighborhood taqueria over on Ben White, not far from our house, and I've driven by it a million times.  I had chilaquiles, and the food ended up being pretty good taqueria fare.  I would definitely go back.


Also, I took the opportunity to practice my guitar.  I went out to dinner with my folks (thanks to Mom and Dad for picking me up at the airport and for helping square away our guest room, by the way!) and with Ryan and Jamie.  We went to Cypress Grill, and we had a nice time.  After dinner Ryan and Jamie hung out at the house for a little while.  We listened to a little music, chatted, and relaxed. 
On Sunday I did a little grocery shopping and a little bit of yard stuff.  I got exercise both days.
Late Sunday afternoon I went over to Reed's, and we played tunes for a while.
And that was pretty much it.

I had a good, albeit brief, trip to Phoenix.  Nice to see everyone!  Very appreciative of the hospitality!  Also looking forward to having Amy and Raylan back.  Looking forward to Jean's visit this week. 

Stay cool, everybody!!
 

No comments: