Thursday, October 02, 2014

Baby on Board

So that little creature waving at the ultrasound device is our child!

Well, after a little more than 12 weeks of keeping it secret, Amy and I announced our pregnancy yesterday (well, Amy's the one who's actually preggers, but I wanna be supportive) through that most traditional of methods here in 2014- a Facebook post.  We got an outpouring of support from friends and family, which is awesome, because as genuinely excited as we both are about having a kiddo, it would be crazy not to admit that it's a little anxiety-inducing as well.

Aside from marrying Amy, this has been one of the most amazing events in my life.
I know that there are a lot of challenges ahead, but we are happy.
Very, very happy.

I'm not going to post too much about this because it still feels both personal and, at the same time, too big a thing to blithely comment about in some weird ol' blog post.
I'm sure you'll be hearing more about baby stuff in upcoming posts, but for now I'm still wrapping my head around it.

Peace, love, and happiness to all of you guys.


2 comments:

Jean said...

Nothing like a waving baby! This is such exciting news! xoxoox

J.S. said...

Thanks! It IS exciting! Baby is already taking after Amy!