Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Update

Hey!  Hope everyone is doing okay!  We keep on rolling into fall, but I can't even believe summer is gone...
Our weekend was pretty good.  It seemed to go by very quickly.  Last Thursday evening we went to a happy hour with some of Amy's friends from work.  It was fun!  On Friday Amy and I went out to lunch with Jennifer and Kim.  It was fun.  We went to Arturo's.  It's cool having Amy working close enough to my office that we can walk places and meet up.
Friday night I think we just sort of hung out.
Saturday morning I got up and went to do the annual NAMI Walk.  NAMI does advocacy and works with families who are dealing with mental illness.  My parents went on the walk as well, and we joined The Justice Walkers, a team of people from the courthouse who work with the mentally ill population in one way or another.



Saturday afternoon we went over to Ryan and Jamie's place to watch UT play against Kansas.  UT beat Kansas.  We looked okay, but not great.  Kansas is really bad.  Baylor is coming up this week, and I am afraid.
Anyway, it was fun to hang out with Ryan and Jamie to catch the game.
On Sunday we went to Ikea and I got a couple of new dressers.  As I type this, they're still sitting, unassembled, in boxes at our house, but one step at a time, right?  Right?
We also did some grocery shopping, I got a haircut, and we had band practice. Mono practice was good.  Frank, Jim, Reed, and I.  I even squeezed in a little mandolin on a couple of songs.
That was about it!
Amy made a really good veggie-sausage-pasta dish on Sunday night.  Very tasty.
Hope everyone is doing well!  Things are so busy in the fall!!

Take care!

P.S.- I'm typing this post on my phone while riding the bus to work.  If it contains a bunch of mistakes, I apologize and blame it on aforementioned busyness!

No comments: