Monday, August 18, 2014

Update

Hey!  Hope everyone is doing alright.
Things are going pretty well for us, but we've been busy.
On Friday night we mostly just hung out.  We ate dinner and got some exercise.  Later in the evening I walked across the street and had a beer with Mandy, Candace, Spencer, and some of their other friends. Amy was sort of worn out and sleepy, so she stayed home and talked to her mom on the phone, I think.  Anyway, it was nice to hang out at Mandy's for a little while in the back yard and chat about music and whatnot.  Surprisingly nice weather for an August night.

On Saturday we went to Barton Springs.  It had been a while since we'd been there.  We laid in the sun and laid in the shade under a tree and went swimming and listened to music.  It was extremely pleasant, and not very crowded.
After our trip to the pool we stopped by Maria's on the way home and had some belated breakfast tacos.  Perfect day to sit outside in the shade under the fans and eat breafsat tacos with like three kinds of salsa and pico de gallo.

We got some exercise, and Saturday evening we went to see Seela Misra and her band over at Strange Brew.  I wrote about the show over on my music blog, ATX Note Book, and you can read about it here.  The show was fun and relaxing and nice and easy and close to home.  I know I've said it over and over, but the sound over there at Strange Brew is just remarkable.  I guess it's probably a combination of both the acoustics in the room space, the sound system, and the skill of the sound engineer.  Probably the best live music sound that I've ever heard.  For realz.

After the show we wandered over to Sap's and had a sort of late dinner.  Good dinner.  I had kao soi, and it was really good.  Spicy and a little sweet and delicious.  Noodley goodness.

On Sunday Amy had to work.  I went to the grocery store, ran some errands, and did some chores while she was gone.  When she got back home, we went and did alittle more shopping together, and then I went to band practice at Reed's house. 
Mono practice was good.  All five of us were in attendance.  We ended up messing around with a bunch of 80's songs, including "Right Here, Right Now" and "One Hand in my Pocket".  Maybe kind of stupid, but we had fun. 
When I got home, Amy had a delicious tortilla soup on the stove.  It was awesome.  We had dinner and watched Northern Exposure and went to sleep.

That was the weekend.  Have a good week!!

No comments: