Monday, April 29, 2013

Weekend Update

Okay.  This is gonna be sort of short.  Probably not our best weekend of all time.

Amy has had the flu and has been feeling pretty awful.
I hung out with her and we hid out at home.  I tried to help out (only a modicum of success).
I did a couple of bike rides.  On Saturday I had the closest call that I've had yet on my bike in terms of near collisions with cars.  Some clown in a pickup truck came flying out of a parking lot on South Congress as I was riding down the street in a bike lane.  I had to swerve and brake really hard, and I ended up on the concrete.  The driver of the truck had to squeal his brakes in order to stop (he must've been really flying through that parking lot).  He raced away as I was clambering back to my feet.
I braked so hard that I popped a spoke.  Again.
Grrr.....

Anyway, the weekend was quiet.  Amy rested a lot.  I felt really bad for her.  She seems to be on the mend now, though.

We watched several episodes of Game of Thrones.  I'm still enjoying the series quite a bit, but I'm wondering how they're going to pull this show off over the long haul.  The series of books is still being written, and there are supposed to be seven of them in all.  The show is already pretty complicated, and we're not even through season 2.
Anyway, Amy and I are both enjoying it right now.

Anyway, there's not a lot to say about this weekend.
Feel better, Amy!!!! 

4 comments:

H JS said...

Game of Thrones: get through Season 2. It's not fabulous like the 1st Season but the Third Season is AMAZING!

Hope Amy is feeling better.

J.S. said...

Glad to hear that Seaons 3 is so good! Also happy to hear that Scott had a good birthday!

Anonymous said...

Just bought the fifth book in the series in Nairobi. It may be out here, but I haven't seen it.

TA

J.S. said...

I don't know because I gave up on the idea of reading the books when I heard that there was going to be seven of them. I should probably still read at least the first one at some point, though.