Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dad!

(dad's working in an eye clinic here, I've been told, and NOT
serving time in a Kenyan jail)
Happy birthday to my dad, Rick Steans!  He's a great dad and a good man, and I don't know where I'd be today without him.
Dad retired last October, and he and Mom moved over here to Austin from Houston.  I know that the move and all of the changes that have come with retirement haven't always been easy (it's never easy to make those sorts of big life changes), but it's been really good to have them in Austin and have the chance to spend more time with them.  I haven't really lived in the same city with them for any period of time since I was in high school, and it feels good to have them around and get to see them more regularly. 


(the ol' beard is looking a little rough, but still
a pretty good picture of me with The Admiral)

Anyway, happy birthday, Dad!  You're the greatest!  Love ya!  I hope it's a good one.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...


Thanks Jas,

I am really glad we are here as well. It's great to be able to spend more time together.

Dad

J.S. said...

Happy birthday, Admiral! Enjoy it!