Monday, June 18, 2012

Weekend

Howdy!  Just checking in.  I hope everyone is doing okay.  We seem to be staying pretty busy on Tejas Trail these days.  Work has been sort of busy for me lately, Amy is studying for the bar, and we've been moving stuff out of her place and into our house on Tejas Trail. 
Tejas is the Spanish spelling of a Caddo word taysha, which means "friend" or "ally".  So we live on Friend Trail or Ally Trail.
I like that.
Anyway, Friday involved moving, studying for Amy, and a work meeting that I had to attend.  Friday evening we took a bike ride.  We pedaled around the neighborhood and stopped in to visit my friend D.K. for a bit. 

(Here's Amy just as we are getting back to our house.  The crape myrtles are looking pretty good!)

 
Saturday we got up and moved some more stuff out of Amy's place.  Amy studied some more. 
Saturday night we went and had dinner at Jack Allen's Kitchen.  We enjoyed ourselves.  It's a pretty popular restaurant out away from downtown on 71.  We had a nice evening, and I think we'd both go back again.
Sunday involved a quick trip to Barton Springs early in the day (it was a hot day- it felt really good to get in the water), and then Amy went back to studying while I went out to my parents house for a Father's Day meal with Dick, Judy, Ryan, Jamie, and my parents.  We cooked out, and had a very nice time.  The back porch at my parents' house makes for one heckuva good sit.

(Here we have a picture of two men who are clearly jealous of the
third man's facial hair.)
And that was the weekend.  Hope you guys are starting your week off well!

3 comments:

The League said...

looking sharp, WeirdBeard!

J.S. said...

You've just managed to make a joke involving a puppet troupe comprised of people with Down Syndrome.

http://weirdbeard.org/

The League said...

I have to say, that is a really, really specific activity these folks have gotten involved with.