Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Happy Birthday, Sig!!



Today is Sigmund Bloom's birthday. Sig is a good friend, and a fellow member of our savant gard experimental music group, Crack. I first met Sigmund back in 2003? 2004? I think it was 2003. Jeff introduced me to Sig by way of piling him into the back of my CRV so we could road trip for Radiohead in the Woodlands on their Hail to the Thief tour. As memory serves, Sigmund introduced himself, shook my hand, and then promptly passed out and slept all the way to Houston. Jeff assured me that Sigmund usually was more of a talker, and would probably have more to say on the way home. Jeff was right. Sigmund got revved up about music, politics, and life on the way home, and he hasn't slowed down much since.

Anyway, by now Sig and I have quite a few shared experiences under our belts, most of them good, and a few not so great. But it's been really good to have Sig around as we've gone through it all.

Happy birthday, my brother. Best wishes to you and yours as you make your next trip around the sun!

2 comments:

Sigmund Bloom said...

Thanks Steans, looking forward to sharing a lot more fun times in the future!

J.S. said...

Hope it's been a good one!