Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Jennifer Egan Talks Writing

I usually try to avoid just embedding videos without much comment because I don't want my blog to feel like I'm just repoting stuff, but I recently wrote a short, sort of perfunctory review of Jennifer Egan's A Visit from the Goon Squad, and then today I stumbled across this video interview with Egan where she's talking to Time Magazine about her book (which has apparently won a Pulitzer Prize). It's a short interview, but she seems like an articulate, engaging person. That's always nice to see. Sometimes you get those writers who choose to write because they're not very comfortable or skilled when it comes to communicating on a face to face level. Anyway, as I said before, I recommend the book.



Or if the embedded video won't play, look here.

2 comments:

Jean said...

I enjoyed seeing the interview. I agree, she is refreshingly candid. I'm reading (and enjoying) the book now.

J.S. said...

Yeah, it's nice to see a fiction novelist who's able to speak so cogently about writing and her approach to it. Thanks again for the book, Jean!