Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Pre-Turkey Day Thankfulness Post

So, with Thanksgiving right around the corner, I thought I'd just list a few things that I'm thankful for (not necessarily in any particular order- I really feel very thankful for a lot of these things).

- My family (including Cassidy)
- Amy
- my good health (like anyone else, I have the minor hiccup here and there, but I'm really so, so lucky)
- my friends (this definitely includes you, Mono E and Crack, but it also includes all of the peopl ein my extended circle that I talk to on a less frequent basis)
- my job (both the satisfaction I take in it and the really good people that I work with)
- the fact that I live in a country where I can pretty much live the life that I choose (or at least have the right/opportunity to pursue that life)
- the opportunity to be able to make music (including the ability to own instruments, own a home where I don't annoy too many people with noise, own recording equipment, and, most importantly, have friends to make music with)
- opportunities to do things like go to music festivals, concerts, football games, and even Gypsy Picnics
- the ability to travel
- my house

I really am especially thankful for the people in my life. I've realized over time that the relationships with the people in my life pretty much trump everything else as far as my happiness goes, so I sincerely want to thank all of the family and friends who make me happy!

Thanksgiving is a good holiday. It's really healthy, I think, to take a step back from the usual desires for more and different things and just appreciate all of the good things that you have.
And I have a hell of a lot to be thankful for!

No comments: