Monday, August 08, 2016

Update

Hi! Hope you guys are doing okay!
Our weekend was quiet, but pretty good.  Not necessarily a bad thing.  Life has been pretty busy, so maybe we were just due for a quiet weekend.
On Saturday we got up and took Raylan his Little Gym class.  He seemed to really enjoy it.


"I'll let you hold my hands on this part, Mom, but you gotta let go
when I do the backflip for the dismount, okay?"


After gym class we hung out at the house. We played with Raylan and his toys.


"I'm not sure how I feel about you photographing me with my rainbow lion.
It's sort of personal."



Something leads me to believe that these two enjoy each other's
company...
Raylan did not want to take a nap on Saturday afternoon.  He fought it and fought it, but...



"Heck no, I don't need no stinkin' nap!  I'm totally... wide...
awa-..."
In the afternoon Ryan and Jamie came by to visit.  Raylan, as usualy, started out a little shy, but also as usual, by the time they'd been there for twenty minutes he had remembered that they were all fast friends.  Many books were read, there was some window art, and random playing.  We also got to see Ryan's new car.  Very nice.


"Let me help you with that, Funcle Ryan."


On Sunday we got up and went out to breakfast at Snooze.  The place is a chain that started in, I believe, Colorado, and they really only serve breakfast and lunch.  We had tried to go there before with Kit and Shelly, but the line had been super long, so we gave up and left.  Well, on Sunday Raylan had us up at 6:00 a.m. (little guy is teething again), so we were at Snooze a little after 7:30.
I'm here to report that if you really want to enjoy Austin without the crowds and madness, get your weekend started by 8:00 on a weekend.  It's a whole different town (no traffic, no lines, no crowds- closer to the Austin I grew up in).
Anyway, I'll admit that part of me wanted Snooze to not  be very good.  They're carpetbaggers, after all, and  they're stealing business away from locally owned and operated places.  Also, the hype that we saw when we tried to go there last time was ridiculous.  The crowds woulda made you think they were giving away free tickets to Mono Ensemble shows.
Anyway, good news/bad news- the food was really tasty.  I had a breakfast potato scramble thing with peppers and onions and cheese and bacon, and Amy had pancakes.  Raylan ate his second breakfast of the morning, mostly eating bits of pancake, eggs, and potato from our plates.
Taking after his dad, that kid loves going out to breakfast.  Even when it's second breakfast.  Especially when it's second breakfast.

"Hey- you gonna eat that?"









The rest of our day was mostly errands combined with hanging out at the house.  Backyard shenanigans and playing inside.  There was also a grocery trip, a pharmacy trip, and a Costco trip.  Raylan likes Costco.  So does Amy.


And that was our low key weekend.


Oh yeah- Amy also made good food!  She made a really good shrimp salad that we ate as sandwiches, and Sunday night she made a blueberry crumble that was really, really tasty.  Felt like summer.

No comments: