Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Update

So the weekend was pretty good.



(mid-week Mediterranean chicken!)
It was kind of a blur, and I'm not getting around to posting this until Tuesday, so, I'm not gonna worry about chronology too much.  I went for a couple of bike rides.  It was hot, but it felt good to get the rides in.  Amy and I went over to Ryan and Jamie's to hang out with them along with Matt, Nicole, and Juan.  It was cool to see all of them.  Happy birthday, Nicole!
We went to Barton Springs with Ryan and Jamie.  Got a little sun and floated in the cold water.  It was cool to hang out with them. Skipped the Jim Jims outside the gate, but stopped at an ATM on the way home so we could get snow cones.
We went with some of Amy's coworkers to Schlitterbahn.  We had a really good time.  We only hung out in the old part of the park.  The old section of Schlitterbahn has got to be at least 25 or 30 years old (or more) at this point, which makes it maybe a little dated for a water park, but I still really dig it.  I like the big, shady trees and the fact that it's built on a hill next to a river.  It feels sort of unique.  I think Amy enjoyed it, too.
Amy made enchiladas on Sunday, which were awesome, and I got together with Reed and made a little music.
Nice weekend.  It felt very summery.

No comments: