Monday, January 23, 2012

The Weekend

The weekend was good.  Friday night Amy and I went to dinner with Jamie.  We had a chance to go out with her and spend some quality time since my brother is off on a trip, terrorizing the west coast and watching a pile of film noir flicks.  We had a nice time with Jamie.

On Saturday we mostly ran errands and stuff during the day.  Amy worked on some homework, and I did a bit of reading and got a little exercise.  Saturday night I went out with Amy and some of her iSchool friends (and friends of friends) for Geeks Who Drink trivia at Opal Divine's.  I had a really good time.  We split up into two teams, men's and women's, because we had a large group.  I'm proud to say that our men's team came in like 5th place out of like 30 teams!  The women did pretty well, too, but they didn't do quite as well as the men because the questions totally had a gender bias.  Totally.  Unquestionably.
(our Battle of the Sexes-Men! team)
(Amy with Battle of the Sexes- Women!)

So, we did trivia on Saturday night and on Sunday we got up and I went to church with Amy (Central Presbyterian downtown.  Nice church).  Amy cooked and did school work and we did chores.  Not the most exciting day, but a nice one.  Amy made some really good chicken chili with white beans and green peppers.  Very good stuff.  And we had frozen yogurt.  Because that is our tradition.
We went to bed sort of early.  I've been tired a lot lately.  I just feel tired at night and have a hard time getting up in the morning.  I'm pretty sure it's my body fighting cedar and winter allergies.
But we had a really nice weekend.
Hope you guys did, too!

By the way, happy belated birthday wishes to Eric, Reed, and Amy's dad, Greg!  All of them had their birthday on the 20th (Friday), so I hope they all had a nice weekend!

No comments: