Wednesday, May 25, 2011

San Francisco

So Amy and I just got back from a trip to San Francisco! Had a really nice time. Neither of us had ever been out there before. We really couldn't have asked for better weather or a much smoother trip. We stayed in Union Square, and explored the city by bus, streetcar, railway, and on foot.
The brief rundown...
We saw Chinatown, Golden Gate Park, the Academy of Sciences, The Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, and Fisherman's Wharf. We saw Union Square, North Beach, Noe Hill, Embarcadero, and Market Street (and probably other places I'm not thinking of). We saw sea lions, visited Grace Cathedral, went to a cool arcade museum, ate sourdough, checked out The Wok Shop, visited the Ferry Building Marketplace, stopped by City Lights Books, and had a snack at a Children's International Dance and Food Festival at Golden Gate Park. We had good Chinese food at House of Nanking, good Italian at Incanto, and a really good breakfast at Dottie's True Blue Cafe. We wandered the city and enjoyed the ladscapes, the architecture, the people, and the weather.
It was just a really good trip, and I had a great time.
Thanks so much for sharing it with me, Amy!

















































3 comments:

cardboardbelts said...

Aww, I had such a good time too. I was telling my family about the trip, and it made me realize just how much we saw and did! :) No wonder we were on the verge of collapse almost every night. Miss you!

J.S. said...

I miss you, too! Hope Arizona is treating you well!

J.S. said...

We stayed at Hotel Union Square. I wanted to document that in case I ever forget. Cool place. Dashiell Hammett resided there for a period of time.