Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

My mom is currently in Africa on a mission trip, and my text messages don't seem to be getting through to her (she's sent me a few, but I can't send any her way, apparently), so I guess I won't really be able to wish her a happy Mother's Day properly until she gets back. I saw her right before she left, though, and had a chance to wish her a safe journey and tell her that I love her. Hopefully that will suffice until she returns. Here's a photo that I really like of Mom and Amy at Enchanted Rock in January.

Anyway, happy Mother's Day to all of you moms out there! Good moms definitely make the world a better place. My own mom continues to serve as a constant role model and source of admiration. I know plenty of other people who feel the same way about their own mothers.
So thanks, moms!

Stay safe in Kenya, Karebear, and we'll see you when you get back! Love you! I know you want some good pictures, but remember, lions are not for cuddling. (I'm only half joking. I got a text from her at 5:00 this morning telling me that she had seen four lions in a park. It was a bit surreal.)

No comments: