Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Vacation

So we went to the beach last weekend!  Mom and Dad took the whole family (big thanks to them for the trip!), including Raylan, Amy, me, Ryan, and Jamie.  We stayed at Port Royal in Port Aransas, and we had three separate condos- including one for Amy, Raylan, and myself.  We didn't spend a ton of time in the actual ocean, but we spent a LOT of time in the very nice pools at the resort and on their splash pad with Raylan.  We also walked along the beach. 
Travelling with a toddler is definitely a different ball of wax (given schedules, meals, etc.) than our vacation experiences from our pre-parenting days, of course, but we had a good time!  It was nice to get away and spend some time away from Austin with everyone. 
I like this picture, but it was taken by some very friendly guy who was, like,
really into taking our picture with my phone.  So if you look closely, you
might be able to tell that I'm trying to smile while worrying that the dude might be about to run away
 with my iPhone.  Being a prosecutor has ruined me.



Splash pad!

The ever-popular game of "what's on my head?"

Summer fashion
"I think I'll wander over here and see if I can find something
more dangerous to get into..."


On the way home we stopped off at a restaurant that Amy had heard about through one of her cases from work.  The place makes really good grilled/barbecued chicken, and it's apparently a San Antonio neighborhood favorite, but they're having some issues with the smoke from their chicken grills.  It's proving to be a problem to the neighbors.  Hopefully it can all be worked out because the food is tasty.
Anyway, it was a fun, family place with really good chicken, rice, beans, and tortillas.  Even Raylan seemed to enjoy the chicken.
I'm glad Amy came up with the idea.


"I fell asleep in the car and woke up in happy, magical food place!"
Yum!


Note the smoke stacks from the grill...


 That was our weekend!  Hope you guys had a good weekend, too!


 

No comments: