Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Farewell to Judy

Hey!  Hope everyone has had a good holiday season, and I hope your 2013 is off to a good start.

We had kind of an unusual and kind of difficult holiday season in our family.  Judy McBride fell ill in the days before Christmas (with a sort of stroke), was hospitalized, and ultimately passed away in the early morning hours of New Year's Day.  Judy is the mother of my sister-in-law, Jamie.  She was a very nice, warm, smart, and funny lady who was very gracious in welcoming me into her home and including me (and later Amy) in family functions and events (which I recognize as being far from a foregone conclusion when it comes to dealing with your daughter's brother-in-law).  Anyway, Ryan and Jamie have been together as a couple for many years now, and after years of seeing Dick and Judy on visits and as fellow residents of Central Texas, I've long since considered them extended family. 
Our family has had the McBride family in our thoughts a lot lately, and we'll continue to do so.  We're all going to miss Judy very much.  The McBrides will surely feel the loss the most, but Ryan has also grown extremely close to Judy over the years, and I know that he will miss her terribly as well.
Our thoughts are with all of them. 
To the McBrides, Ryan, and Jamie- I'm so sorry for your loss.  Love you guys.


No comments: