Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving

Howdy! Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!  Ours was nice.  We had some good family time, got to see some family friends, and had a really nice dinner out in Steiner Ranch at Mom and Dad's house.  My only gripe was that the weather was sort of dreary (cold and wet), but we stayed pretty busy with inside activities and some shopping.
We got to spend a lot of time with Raylan.  It was nice.  He's a lot of fun right now-  very curious, and bursting with personality.









("What does this button do?")



(Pies.  So many delightful pies.)
(post dinner UT-Texas Tech viewing)
(Jamie talks with Amy, while the non-football crowd chats in the nook)
(more football)


Feeling maybe a little bit of cabin fever following Thanksgiving, we loaded Raylan into the car and headed for Barton Creek Mall on Black Friday to walk around, stretch our legs (it was cold and rainy outside), and do some shopping.  The mall, predictably, was a little crazy, but it was fun.  Raylan seemed to enjoy watching all of the activity.  He even got to see Santa Claus from afar, but didn't get his picture took with the jolly old elf because Raylan was in sweatpants, and they were deemed to be inappropriate for his first Santa photo shoot.



("Mom, let me hold that for you while Dad takes your
picture...")

("I never get tired of this story, Dad.  I just love the
characters and the plot!")

(on to the next thing)


Anyway, we have had so much to be thankful for this year. I have so much to be thankful for.  I'm thankful for Amy and Raylan.  I'm thankful for Dad and Mom and Ryan and Jamie.  I'm thankful for our home and my job and for Cassidy.  I'm thankful to have friends to make music with.  I'm thankful for all of the friends in our life.  We have a lot of people around us who just make life better.  It's a lot easier to deal with all of the craziness, stress, and general absurdity of life when you have people to laugh with.
It was a good Thanksgiving!

No comments: