Monday, June 17, 2013

Update- Beach Trip Edition

So on Thursday morning Amy and I headed out for Port Aransas on a beach trip with a bunch of friends.  I've been going on this trip on and off again for roughly ten years with various configurations of this group of folks.  Just for the purposes of documenting who was along, I think we had:  Mandy, Vicki, Ellie, Donna Rene, Kim, Sigmund, Miles, Alicia, Collin, Clayton, Amy, Rami, Wilson, and Allison (who I met for the first time on this trip).
This was Amy's first trip with the gang, and her first trip to Port A.  She fit right in.  We had a really nice trip.  We rented a couple of houses, and we had about 13 adults and 3 kiddos in our group.  It was the first time I'd been on one of these trips with kids.  It was a little different, but a lot of fun!

It's great to have a group of friends that you can do stuff like this with. The beach trip definitely builds a sense of community.

I'm still sort of a little tired following our adventure, so maybe I'll just sort of let my pictures speak for me on this post.  I had a really nice time.  It was good to hang out with everyone, the beach itself was very relaxing, and it was a good trip with Amy down to the Texas coast!

Yay beach!




(Our beach campsite.  It grew bigger over time,
but this gives you the idea)


(late night poolside wackiness)

(Andy does his impression of
a barnacle)

(a walk at sunset)

No comments: