Monday, December 03, 2012

Update

Hey!  Happy December and merry pre-Christmas to all of you!  (or pre-Hanukkah)
Things have been going pretty well on Tejas Trail.
Well, mostly pretty well.
Amy has been a bit ill, so that's been slowing us down a little bit, but she seems to be on the mend. We'll be back to full speed pretty soon.
Our weekend plans were a little subdued in light of said sickness, but we had a nice, relaxing time, anyway.
Friday night we ate dinner and went out to buy a few Christmas ornaments.
On Saturday Amy did some work for a few hours.  I did some chores and rode my bike downtown.  I stopped at Target on the way home and bought some more Christmas stuff.  We decorated our Christmas tree and listened to some carols.



(so far Cassidy has been able
to successfully avoid collisions
with ye olde tannenbaum.
Knock on wood.)
The tree is very cool.  It's not like monstrously tall or anything, but it's the first grown up sized, real deal Christmas tree that I've ever had as an adult.  I'm guessing it probably never would have happened without Amy, so it's a holiday style reminder of the positive changes that have occurred in the last couple of years as Amy and I have built a life and celebrated holidays together.  I really, really like it.  Looks good, and makes the house feel cozy and Christmassy.
Saturday night I went out to dinner with my parents, cousin Sue, and my parents' friends, Willie and Marion.  (Amy ended up having to duck out because she still wasn't feeling well)  Willie and Marion are friends from my dad's time with Cameron International, and they were back on a trip and in town visiting Texas friends after retiring to their home country of Scotland.  We went to Fonda San Miguel, so the food was great, and it was nice to have dinner with them and have a chance to catch up.  It was a really pleasant dinner.
After eating we all went over to Ryan and Jamie's house where they were hosting their annual Christmas party. 
The party was really nice.  There was some good food (I had eaten dinner, but moved had some treats for dessert), and the company was great.  There were a number of people in attendance who I just don't get to see all that often, and even a couple of Ryan's old friends from high school that I only see on rare occasions.  Drinks, merriment, and tasty party food.  I had a good time.
 
Sunday I went for another bike ride, and we ran a few errands. 
Sunday night we had band practice.  Eric didn't make it (he had to work), but we got together without him and soldiered through some old and new songs with a fair amount of success.
After practice we ate dinner and I fell asleep in the big chair to the sound of jazzy Christams tunes while Amy read and Cassidy snoozed.
And that was the weekend.
I hope everyone is doing well.
Enjoy December.  Don't let the holiday craziness get to you.
Peace on Earth!!!!
 
** P.S.- Amy made a key lime pie this weekend that looks really good and I don't get any because she's taking it to work.  Grrrrr!!!! ;-)

2 comments:

The League said...

you decorated your tree wrong. It's supposed to be 45-65% Supermans.

J.S. said...

Well, Superman IS on the tree. Somewhere toward the back. He may be in the Fortress of Solitude, but he's protecting the whole tree.