Thursday, July 03, 2008


Jeff's parents, Don and Jajuan, recently had this sign put up out near the intersection where Jeff was killed two years ago by an intoxicated driver(and where Kim and Sigmund and two other people were seriously hurt).
I really do hope that everyone has a good, safe holiday weekend, but please, please, please don't drive if you include drinking as part of your festivities this weekend. Just get a ride or call a cab or find a place to sleep wherever you're celebrating, but don't get behind the wheel if you've been drinking. And although it's even harder to do, keep in mind that other drivers may have been drinking, and be extra cautious on the roads over the holiday weekend.
Let's all just take care of each other and watch out for each other, and I wholeheartedly promise that it'll be possible to still have a really good time, but be safe while we're doing it. Jeff was one of the most fun-loving people that I know, and he loved a good party more than anyone, but he was also one of the most careful people that I knew when it came to drinking and driving. Anyway, he would want us all to have a good time, but at the same time, he would want us to be safe and not put each other at risk.
I miss you every day, Jeff.
Peace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jason
Do you leave his blog url on your home page in memorial to Jeff? I have read that a few times and he seemed like a great dude. I think these logs are great but its surreal to read one and then it stops like Jeff's!! How long had you known him?
rc

Steanso said...

Yeah, Jeff's blog is pretty great and it gives people who didn't know him that well a pretty good insight into who he was and his sense of humor. I knew Jeff for about 6 years before the accident (I met him when he was a prosecutor and I was a defense attorney), and I was living across the street from him for the last two of those years. Along with Jeff's wife, Mandy, we hung out a lot together, ate a lot of meals together, played in a band together, saw a lot of concerts together, and even travelled on some trips together.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, thats such a tragedy, a young guy taken down in the prime of his life. I hope his wife is holding up ok! I think that was a Black Crowes show they were leaving?
Seeing you all are such music fans I came across your blog when I was searching for ACL fest info. I am a huge music fan as well. The Reconteaurs were here(Columbus, Ohio) a few weeks ago and your blog is the first I had heard of them so I checked it out. Saw Tom Petty a few weeks ago and the Black Crowes play here first of August. Tom Petty was a great show, he played Blossom Music Center, probably one of the best outdoor venues around. Its the home of the Cleveland orchestra and built for acoustic perfection!
rc