Thursday, May 04, 2006

Thursday. It's been a long week, Adventurers, but the end is in sight. This evening Cassidy has to go to the vet for her checkup and booster shots. Despite getting stuck with a few needles, she typically seems to enjoy these trips to the vet. Cassidy pretty much sees extra attention as a good thing, regardless of the reason or the source.
Last night, following a lovely taco dinner at casa De Wilson, we had another scaled down Crack practice with only Crackbass, Feral Andy and myself in attendance. It was a good practice. Our grooves were righteous and our lyrics were honest. Crackbass came up with a song which is all about how angry he gets when people talk loudly during rock and roll shows (well, actually the song is about one person in particular, but she will remain unnamed here under the "if you can't say something nice-" doctrine). In listening to the recording that Andy had made, I realized that maybe my drumming got a little repetitive, but for the most part we were good last night. We also discussed the formation of a more country oriented group called The Whiskeetos, and we spent some time trying to figure out how to outmaneuver Apple's absenteeism policy so that Andy could go tubing with us this weekend.
What else.....?
I guess not a lot.
I'm glad it's spring, and I'm even happy for summer. I'm just happier (on the whole) during those seasons.
Like I said, it's been a difficult week, but it's getting better.

"What good is a man
who won't take a stand?
What good is a cynic
With no better plan?

Reality is sharp-
It cuts at me like a knife,
Everyone I know
Is in the fight of their life.

I believe in a better way...."
-Ben Harper, "Better Way"

4 comments:

CrackBass said...

You love Ben Harper. In fact, I would go so far as to call you a Ben Harper pusher.

But that's cool. I love Pavement.

What I'm more interested in, Sr. Steanso, is the whiskeetos myspace page.

And also how to set up my myspace page.

and also how to play a country bass line.

and also, confound it, Ben Harper

lee said...

There ain't but one kind of country bass line. That is the bass line heard in every Waylon Jennings tune. Lonesome, ornery, and mean...

Steanso said...

I just bought the CD (Both Sides of the Gun) and listened to it on the way to work this morning. It just seems somehow.... relevant....

The League said...

The lyrics which have spoken most to me lately are those of The Little Willies in their tune "Lou Reed".

http://www.completealbumlyrics.com/lyric/129081/The+Little+Willies+-+Lou+Reed.html